Let's face it. Our website looks like it was designed in the 80s... mainly because it was. It is written in a SUPER OLD LANGUAGE that no one seems to know how to update. We dream of a better website!
If we had a website fairy, we would wish for:
- Overall appearance in colors other than pale pink and murky magenta
- Working buttons (We have two "request info" buttons on our site- neither of them work. When visitors to our website want more information, they receive none by using this button.)
- A website written in a user-friendly program that allows our staff to actually update the info instead of trying unsuccessfully to use the "For dummies" book
- Options for password protected documents (We send out emails daily with attachments of forms and other documents our clients need to complete. If we had a password protected section of our website where our families in process could open documents and watch videos of the trainings, families would feel they had much needed education and assistance at their fingertips. The families would LOVE it and our staff would be spared carpel tunnel syndrome from sending the same email attachments over and over!!)
- The ability to upload training videos (We get many requests to re-explain the process of background checks or other required steps in the process. Although we verbally tell families during our in-person education classes, families have asked if they can get the information in an audio/video format. If we had the ability to upload a few short videos of staff explaining this process, adoptive families could watch the videos over and over if they needed the full details again.)
- More tabs to reflect our cultural programs
- A working tab to list information about children in need (We get detailed information about children available for adoption from other agencies in the USA and other countries around the world. We need a tab option to be able to list this information in the hopes of finding forever families for these children. We are confident that this option alone will allow MANY more kids to find homes.)
- The ability to join our electronic newsletter with a "click". It would save time, money and trees. With an efficent way to allow individuals to join our electronic newsletter, we would get the right information to the right people in a quicker, more inexpensive and user-friendly way.